Sunday, May 23, 2010

TURNING POINT

I was stuck in the middle of a crossroad these past few weeks. I thought I will make the most significant turning point in my life. Again. Last year of this same month, I was officially kicked out from the school where I used to work for three semesters. This year the sister school of that school is trying to convince to apply for a very important job. Teaching. Teaching hardware and software subjects. Unfortunately, I don’t know what to do and I don’t know what to expect. I know the Human Resource Personnel Supervisor, the School Director himself, and the OIC Dean herself. They know me well, too.

How did I say, I am in a crossroad? Well, let me tell you this. When I was kicked out from Abraham School last year, three schools picked me up. One electronic school, one aeronautics school, and one business school. My schedule is always divided into three. Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, I render my service to the business school. Every Tuesday and Thursday, I give my service to the aeronautics school. Every Saturday, I render my service to the electronic school. Things were not that easy but everything’s doing fine. Every school has its own schedule that would fit in every moment at a proper setting. If I get too busy in one school the others were not. It seems that the three schools are working hand in hand in my convenience. Hence, I was very happy.

Things were alright then. But this Father School which were trying to get my service this year was very insistent. Though the HR supervisor would tell me that they are suppose to hire me as full time instructor, I kept on telling her too that I will still get part time job for the electronic school. In that, I will be willing to give up the two others but not the electronic school.

During the teaching demonstration, I prepare a very short lesson to discuss. Short enough to prove my worth to be hired. Short enough, but the School Director didn’t mind to listen and allow me to finish. He stopped my discussion and asked questions. After answering those questions that deals with educational attainment, experience and expertise, he then told me that they are more than willing to hire me; to hire me as full time instructor. I said yes, I am more than willing to render my full time service too.

But he told me that the “full time” they mean talks about the service that is only with them. There should be no other part time jobs. So that means I have to drop all the three schools. I said no; that could not be. In fact, I am under training that time and the electronics school paid for my expenses making me bound to them for five months.

There was exchange of statements at that time. I don’t have anything against them or the school either. With due respect to them, I applied because they need teachers. In short, I am not looking for a job that time; it’s the job that is “haunting” me. From my end, I am willing to render my full-time service with them. But I am not opt for leaving the electronics school. I can drop the two other schools for the sake of their school. But, again, not the electronics school. Call it unfair, unethical and unprofessional to teach on two different schools with the same course offering and on the same umbrella organization with their two heads being the president and the vice president, I don’t care. For as long as I know I am doing my job as a teacher and not as a marketer of the school, I won’t give a damn care.

The reason is simple. I am just just making a place in that school and at the same time taking a chance. It’s not me to decide to leave the electronics school. It is the choice of the administration of the Father school if they want to hire me as full-time instructor but they will not hinder me to render my service to the electronics school; though they try to bribe me with a higher pay. Well, who doesn’t want to have a higher pay, right? I am interested. That is why I accept the challenge of appealing to render my full time service with them. But I just don’t want to get rid the electronics school in my life.
Not because of money, not for the matter of security. It’s more than that. They trust me more than I could ever think.

No comments: