Monday, August 30, 2010

The Bubbly Instructor

“Pursuit of HappYness--Character reaction

This is the Reaction Paper I pass to my bubbly instructor in Computer Subject.. well, bubbly because he likes and loves to bubble.. hahaha.. intentionally and accidentally.. hahahaha... Peace to you Sir!... Even bubbly, he is a good conversationalist also.. hehehe... I don't want to make pa sip sip.. (it's not my attitude) but I like the way he is.. maybe because I've been surrounded by more civilised people JOKE! maybe because people around me at home are more serious..!
Thanks to that Sir also coz he made me become a blog maker! toinkzzz.. he told me that he likes the reaction paper and he gave it PERFECT! as a grade... Here.. read it and e the judge, just feel free to comment of it's not good for you.. (I dont care though) hahahaha,,,, peace!!!!”

The above article clip isn’t my write up. It’s taken from one of the articles of one of my students who happens to be my one and only follower up to this time. I highlighted the phrase BUBBLY INSTRUCTOR not because of anything else but because I wanted to know if the adjective “bubbly” really fits me not only in the context of the above article but in any context for that matter.

According to Yahoo Education Dictionary (http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dictionary/entry/bubbly), the word “bubbly” comes indifferent meaning depending on its usage. Definition number (1) says, the adjective “bubbly” means “full of or producing bubbles” as it is used in “a bubbly drink” or “ a bubbly soap”.

My student describe me in this way: “well, bubbly because he likes and loves to bubble.. hahaha.. intentionally and accidentally.” Base from the first definition of the word, my student refers to the bubbles I produced from my mouth out of the saliva that accumulates while I’m having my class. Well, most teachers have the same experience I have too. Though it doesn’t happen most of the times but when it happens I make sure no one will be hit by hales that comes out of it. And often times, to play around with the situation, I would tell my students in the front row to open their umbrellas for my mouth is producing rainshowers. That statement will cause a thunder of laughter from my class. Conscious, I am, I would just shrug my shoulders and cover my mouth with my hand and chuckle. Then my class resumes after that.

Definition number (2) says “resembling bubbles” as it is used in the phrase “big, bubbly clouds”. Oh well, that definition points to the physical appearance of the clouds rounded as bubbles. My student may also mean my bubbling physical appearance in such that describing my rounded face like bubbles engraved to make the eyes, nose, and mouth. She may also be describing my bubbling tummy that bounces up and down while run upstairs after each class from one school after another.

Definition number (3) says “full of high spirits, effervescent” as used in “bright, bubbly children”. The third definition I guess suits me better. Well, I can say, I am “bubbly” if we based it on this definition. Although I don’t look like a child anymore (in appearance, well, no one will ever believe me if I say I am, hehehe) but my “energy” is more than that of a five year old, restless, non-stop, importunate child who would always like to talk, move, and talk again, and run, and talk again.

Thanks to my students for letting me know one word that would describe me in three ways: my funny side, my physical aspect, and my character.

No comments: