Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Long Time Friend

She was one of my friends in the virtual world. We've known each other since 2001 yet. This was the story...

I was working as a student assistant in one of the Colleges' Internet Center. Then one time I made drop on YM I came across a code name adrinne78. We had a nice time talking to one another online. We shared each others life stories. We shared cultures with one another.

She has an Indian descent but she and her family are living in Malaysia. She was a lecturer in a College at that time. She is into IT discipline. She worked hard for her family. I was only a student then. Our communication was in good condition until I graduated. I had no time surfing the net then. I was even a stranger in computers for quite some time.

I worked as a grocery store personnel and I didnt have much time for computers. After six months my contract ended. I tried another kind of job. that is teaching. I became a computer instructor and I had much time for computers. There and back again after three years two online friends meet again. We talked so much and we were both surprise we still new each other.

But that meeting online didn't last for a long time because she had to transfer to another job.
Then we lost communication for the second time around. I had to transfer to another location for the same job. It is still a teaching job on different location. Then it took me another part time teaching job for Koreans.

I had a nice time surfing the net those times when I had an opportunity to drop by my friendster account. My surprise when I got an invitation from a stranger. And when I started linking with this stranger, I was able to know she was a friend whom I knew online. I was shocked.

There we started another communication through online again. Before, we were using YM. This time, we are using friendster. We started communicating early months of 2007. And the communication still continues until today...

I was 24 when we first met on YM. We are thirty now. The friendship is going stronger. She said to me>> I hit my big thirty on June 1st, she hits hers on July 1st. Cool friendship from two cool people separated with culture and deep sea...

She calls herself adrinne in YM, I call myself aldrin...

No comments: