Thursday, October 30, 2008

Living Alone

Why do we always ask for things? Why do we always want things that are not in our possession? We seldom appreciate things that are already in our hands. We usually are not contented with what we have.

I was living with my family all my life. I had a chance to be apart from them when I went to Manila to look for a job. It was shortly after graduation in high school. But it was not long enough when my brother requested me to pursue college education. I wasn't planning to go on college during those times. But my siblings did encouraged me to. There were a lot of courses to choose from but I wasn't reluctant to choose Computer Engineering. Afterall, that was one of the in-demand courses at that time.

Well, college life wasn't as easy as 'abc'. Knowing that the course I took wasn't any easy afterall. Solving mathematical problems here and there. Solving computer problems in all the walls of the campus. Of course, let's put some spices into the soup. Lovelife wasn't that good enough just like that of what other people expects. And not to mention many aspects of life. I've change a lot since I become a college student.

Responsibilities here and there, assignments piling up, there are many things that made me become human. I became the opposite of what I was before college. I was able to meet so many good people who truly become my friends for life. There were so many of them who understood my shortcomings and try to understand the other side of me.

But college life is not forever. We graduated and searched on our paths out of the world of unemployment. I took a life that I thought good for me.

My first job was a stock checker in a grocery store. It was fun and exciting. I made a lot of friends. That was my first job and it taught me a lot things to learn. I learned how to get along with people easily. I am not used to mingle with other people who I was not familiar with. I also learned how to lower my rising spirits because of respect for my superiors. It was not easy for me to do that. It is not always easy to hold my temper. I ended the contract after six months and lead to another kind of job.

This second job of mine isn't as difficult as the first one but as challenging as any other jobs. It is a teaching job. Becoming a teacher is one of my hated career during my elementary and high school days. It was just unfortunate for me but I don't have any choice. I took the challenge of the new job and from there I started to learn how play the game - of being a teacher. But of course I am not a teacher by profession, so I call myself Instructor. The subjects I taught are those that are inline with my field of study. Well, I want to call it field of expertise but I wasn't. I don't even consider myself now as one.

Anyway, I learned a lot more being an Instructor. I tried to understand every aspect of being an Instructor. I had a lot of bumps and slumps but during the first months of my job. Later on everything oes smoothly. Though I left the first teaching employer of mine the next job I take is still teaching job. I became a part Instructor in a Filipino College School.

No comments: